Free shipping on all US order $38 and over with code FLYFREE
July 06, 2023
Today we'll cover how to use the Passion Flower Kit & Passion Flower Poster in a shadowbox! This is a fun and easy project, and a wonderful way to make a beautiful piece of decor from start to finish!
Materials you'll need for this project:
Passion Flower Kit & Poster
Shadowbox - We're using an 11" x 14" Shadowbox that fits the poster perfectly! This shadowbox is available from Amazon
Putty or adhesive of your choice! We're using Museum Putty, but hot glue or glue dots would also work!
Before you begin putting together your shadowbox, remember to assemble your Passion Flower! We have another tutorial that goes over all of the necessary steps!
1. Take off the frame and glass of your shadowbox so you can work with the backing
2. Flip over the Passion Flower Poster and put a little bit of Museum Putty (or other adhesive) in each corner to attach it to the Shadowbox backing
3. With the poster attached to the backing, it's time to start placing your flower and butterflies! There's no wrong place to put these, so play around and find what looks good to you before adding adhesive!
4. We're adding a little bit of adhesive on each tendril to give more dimension to the flower.
5. Style your butterflies by gently bending the wings where they meet the body, and curling the wing-tips. Then play around with placement and attach them to the poster!
6. When you're happy with where the elements are placed and everything is adhered to the poster, all that's left is to put the shadowbox frame back together!
7. Fasten all of the clamps on the back of the frame, and you're done!
That's all there is to it! Once you're finished, you'll have a beautiful multi-dimensional shadowbox to display your Passionflower and butterflies!
Comments will be approved before showing up.